There is no fee for most of the programs and services offered at OakMed as they are funded through the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). A resident of Ontario must have a health card to show that he or she is entitled to health care services paid for by OHIP. Please bring your health card to your appointment.
The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care pays for a wide range of services, however, it does not pay for services that are not medically necessary, such as cosmetic surgery, sick notes, reference letters, physiotherapist notes, travel consultation and immunization, copy and transfer of medical records etc. Uninsured services that are not covered by OHIP require separate billing processes. We charge patients a fee for providing those uninsured services. A brief description of insured services is available here.
Fees for uninsured services that are NOT covered by OHIP
- Travel Medicine consultations $60/person; $100 for 2 people (same visit); $25 for more than 2 people
- Yellow Fever vaccine and administration $145.00
PLEASE NOTE: We are out of stock of Yellow Fever Vaccine due to national shortages. We advise our patients to contact other Yellow Fever centres if they feel they may need this vaccine. We will inform you as soon as the vaccine becomes available again at our clinic.
- Forms (including sick notes, employment/school, etc) $20.00—$50.00
- Government Forms $25.00—$150.00
- OCF Insurance Certificates $35.00—$130.00
- Life & Health Insurance Forms $103.80—$400.00
- Doctor Visit Fees (no OHIP coverage) $68.00—$160.00
- Other Office Fees $10.00—$100.00
At the OakMed Family Health Team, we endeavor to provide the highest quality care for you. Part of this goal includes ensuring appropriate monitoring of health conditions, effectiveness and side effects from medications. Prescriptions are written for enough medication until your next visit is due, where medications can be re-evaluated and any problems addressed.